Workshop for Composers and Music Creators by Rania Chrysostomou
Friday 27th November
5:00pm–6:30pm (UK time)
Facebook Messenger ROOMS (the instractor will send you the link on the day of the workshop)
This workshop is open to all Music Creators including and not limited to Composers, Instrumentalists, Music Educators, Improvisors, Vocalists and more…
Come join me in this lighthearted workshop to play, write and connect with and for composers. Feel free to inspire, motivate and support others or choose to be open to receive stimulus.
The time for composers to practice Impermanence, Fragility, and Agility in a playful and supportive group of likeminded peer-friends
To be part of a group of composers, exchange ideas and create something fleeting and abstract.
What will we do
We will talk about what we do, how we do it, difficulties and how we overcame them and then a composition virtual group event
The workshop is an ode to impermanence, fragility, and agility. Using the properties of sound as our musical focal point we will develop a collaborative piece that’s purpose is not perfection but impulsive choices that may or may not work. The process of experimental play and writing something that anyone can instantly play are important components of this creative segment.
Expect to ‘misuse’ an instrument, experiment, accept others arbitrary decisions, make something abstract and ambiguous.
What you will need:
1) Your good vibes!
2) Have an acoustic instrument handy next to you, the smaller the better.
3) If you can join through one device and record yourself when we are playing with another would be useful.
4) You Do NOT need to prepare any piece of music before this.
I started making these virtual social music gatherings during the last lockdown and now I carry on with a topic that I am both nervous and excited about, so I hope you consider joining! You can see a little bit of what we did here and here.
Good to Know:
1) This workshop is free for all!
2) You don’t have to have a Facebook account to join as I will send you a link
3) Places are limited so make susre to book you place by sending me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or using this registration form.
4) Creative and Curious performers – instrumentalists and vocalists – are free to join